Just4Keepers of East PA (www.just4keepers.com/eastpa) has proudly added to our coaching staff over the past 6 months, with High Tempo, Experienced and Qualified Staff.
Alex Bastinelli, Matthew Rominger, Mackenize Pinto and Panagiotis (Pan) Karalis have joined Owner/Director of Coaching Simon Robinson to bring our Academy Keepers New Perspectives, New Ideas and New Personalities while still focusing on the Year-Round Just4Keepers Coaching Philosophy our Keepers have become accustomed to!
Just4Keepers of East PA began in November of 2010 to fill a void in goalkeeper training in the area. Often times, keepers are the most overlooked position when it comes to regular team training. Coaches often just don’t have the time or experience to work to develop their keepers as you might a field player. It is for this very reason that we founded J4K of East PA in partnership with the International Just 4 Keepers organization.
Primarily, Just 4 Keepers (J4K) focuses on group training, but prides itself on being able to develop each individual keeper within that group setting. Challenging those who need to be challenged more. J4K is designed as a year round program meeting once a week, throughout the year. It is our belief that the Keeper position is something that requires consistent, on going training and not something that can be learned and perfected in 8 week sessions.
Simon’s Goalkeeping Coaching experience spans 20+ years, coaching Keepers in both England and the USA. During this time, he has coached keepers ages 6+, at Club, College and Olympic Development level and has backed up coaching experience with several high level certifications and a Degree in Sports and Exercise Science from Leeds Metropolitan University.
- UEFA “B” License
- English FA Coaching Certificate
- HEAD Goalkeeper Coach for the Eastern PA Youth Soccer – Olympic Development Program
- NSCAA Level I, II & III Goalkeeping Diplomas
- Former Coach at Leeds Metropolitan University in England
- Former Semi-Professional Player for Barrow AFC in England
- Played Collegiately at Leeds Metropolitan University in England
- 1999 Squad Member, England University Mens Football Team
- 1994 -1997 First Team Goalkeeper for Barrow AFC, Semi-Professional team Playing in the England Unibond Northern Premier League.
- Alex has experience coaching for the West End soccer club in Saylorsburg, Pa in 2008, as well as, with the STM Strikers of Allentown, Pa in 2010-2012. Alex was a student assistant coach for DeSales University in 2013 and became an assistant coach and goalkeeper coach for the Bulldogs in 2014. For the past two seasons and continuing into her 3rd season as the Assistant Coach at Northampton Community College. Before joining Just 4 Keepers Alex was an independent goalkeeper coach around the Lehigh Valley.
- Alex holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Sport and Exercise Science; is CPR/AED certified and holds a USSF ‘E’ License.
- Alex played two years at Division II Lock Haven University before transferring to DeSales University where she played two seasons and broke the Individual Consecutive Shutout Mark by not allowing a goal for 397: 27 consecutive shutout minutes. Alex also received the ECAC Defensive Player of the week award while playing at DeSales. Prior to college Alex attended Liberty High School where she was a four year starter on the varsity girls’ soccer team and was named First-Team All-Area honors and also received the Defensive Player of the Year award in 2009. In 2007, Alex played in the WPSL for the Philadelphia Liberty FC and also spent some time in the Eastern PA ODP program.
- Germantown Academy (2006 – current)
- Assistant Coach, Boys’ Varsity Team & Head Goalkeeping Instructor
- Goalkeeping trainer for Middle & Upper school students/teams
- Summer Programs coach–Boys & Girls Soccer Camp, striker/Goalkeeper Camp
- Crusader Soccer Camp (2010 – 2012) – Lead Goalkeeping Instructor
- McDonald’s All Star Soccer Camp (2003 – 2007) – Lead Goalkeeping Instructor
- Phoenix SC, Men’s Majors, starting goalkeeper (2006 – 2016)
- Gerhard Mengel Cup National Championship Team (2016)
- Green Mountain College, NAIA Division II, 4-year starting goalkeeper (2002 – 2005)
- All-conference player (2002-2005)
- Honorable mention All American (2005)
- The Hill School
- 3-year Varsity letter winner (1996 – 1998)
- 1997, Pennsylvania All State Soccer Team
- Mackenzie Pinto, a native of Harleysville Pennsylvania, is in her first season as a J4K Goalkeeping Coach. Mackenzie comes to J4K with experience coaching males and females of all ages. Pinto is back in the area after spending time as an assistant coach (with an emphasis on coaching the goalkeepers) at Point Park University, located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Pinto, who graduated from Point Park with a Bachelor’s Degree in Sports, Arts, and Entertainment and a Master’s Degree in International Business, played a major role in helping Point Park win their first conference championship in 2015 in route to earning the program’s first ever NAIA National Tournament appearance. That season she led a program that went 12-7-2 (the most wins in a season for the program) while having played five top-25 nationally ranked teams.
- In addition to her playing and coaching career at Point Park, Mackenzie was also an assistant coach for the U-12 girls at Century, a competitive club soccer program, in 2015. Upon moving back to her hometown, in 2016 Mackenzie became the Women’s Assistant Coach at Wissahickon High school, located in Ambler, PA and is ready to embark on her second season with the Trojans.
- As a goalkeeper at Point Park, Mackenzie was a three-year starter and captain in her senior year, of a team that completely changed the culture and competitiveness of the program. On top of her responsibilities as a student-athlete, Mackenzie was invaluable in helping to move the vision for the program forward even before she took on the role of an assistant coach by assisting the athletic director and department staff.
Panagiotis (Pan) Karalis
- From Toms River, NJ; Temple University alumni Panagiotis (Pan) Karalis has over 10 years experience of playing and coaching in this specific position
- Pan has coached and trained at over a dozen Philadelphia area clubs and at the professional academy level, and has played under and coached alongside former US internationals and current and former professionals from all over the world.